> Township Treasurer
> Dog Licenses
Dogs are required to be licensed every year by Michigan State Law. Read more at the Michigan Legislature website. To obtain a license a proof of current rabies vaccination is needed.
Where to Purchase License
- Waterford Township Treasurer's Office
- Some Local Veterinarians
- Oakland County Animal Control located at 1700 Brown Road, Auburn Hills, 48326 (telephone # 248-391-4100). You may mail your information and check to Animal Control to obtain a license.
- Oakland County Treasurer's Office located at 1200 N. Telegraph Road, Pontiac
When to Buy License
Dogs must be licensed every year. The license is valid January 1 through December 31. To avoid a late fee, license must be purchased by June 1.
- $ 7.50 if dog is spayed or neutered
- $15.00 if dog is not spayed or neutered
If owner of pet is a senior citizen (65 years or older):
- $ 6.75 if dog is spayed or neutered
- $13.50 if dog is not spayed or neutered
If purchased June 2 or later:
Exceptions to the June 2 fee increase:
- New resident (within 30 days)
- New dog (within 30 days)
- Dog just turned four months of age (within 30 days)